Smith River is a tributary of the Missouri River, in central Montana, southwest of the city of Great Falls. The Smith is a Class I-2 river that is more popular as a fishing trip than a whitewater trip. Known for its spectacular scenery and blue-ribbon trout fishery, the Smith is a 59 mile stretch of river that usually takes 3-6 days, depending on water levels.
- Permits are distributed via lottery. Applications may be submitted January 6 through February 20th. Permit application.
- Smith River Shuttle - 866-500-3522
- Amy's Think Wild Shuttle Service - 406-547-2215 or 406-547-4297
- Montana River Outfitters - 406-761-1677
- Camp Baker
- Cache Bar (on the Main Salmon)
Montana Raft Company
West Glacier, MT
We offer family friendly, eco-sensitive rafting, hiking, fishing and lodging in and around Glacier National Park.
Trips vary in length and difficulty providing an adventure for everyone!
Offering Trips On: